Friday, May 28, 2010

Delicious Diversion

I'm not sure how this recipe would turn out without a food processor. I love the way it mixes everything up so well!

I love the color of the hummus after adding the roasted red peppers

I don't know about you, but going to the grocery store is my least favorite thing about cooking. I try to avoid it at all costs by stocking up on the things I need when I have to make a trip. When friends were coming over to make dinner last night and there were more than enough of us headed to the store, I offered to stay behind to make hummus. It was a delicious diversion, and no one knew the real reason I decided to break out my food processor and whip up a snack. Thanks to having the ingredients on hand, it was easy to make and I had it ready and cleaned up (and even managed to snap a few pictures) before they got back from the store. Everyone loved it and it was nice to munch on (with pita bread) while we collectively cooked a yummy dinner! Find the recipe here or below:

Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus


Ingredients


2 garlic cloves

1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained

1/3 cup tahini (in the ethnic foods isle)

1/3 cup lemon juice

1/2 cup roasted red peppers (from a jar)

1/4 teaspoon dried basil

Olive Oil

Directions


In an electric food processor, combine garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini and lemon juice. Process until the mixture is smooth

Add roasted red peppers, basil and olive oil. Process until smooth (the smoother, the better in my opinion. Add olive oil until it reaches the consistency you want)

Transfer to a small bowl and chill until ready to serve

You can also make kalamata olive hummus by substituting 1/3 cup of pitted kalamata olives in place of the roasted red peppers and dried basil

1 comment:

  1. OMG. Very delicious recipe! VERY Snacktive!!! I am now officially hungry :)

    ReplyDelete