Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ramekin Potatoes


Served with barbecued wild caught salmon and balsamic glazed farmers market asparagus


Cheesy Ramekin Potatoes hot from the oven

One of my college graduation gifts was a gift certificate to Sur La Table. It was no trouble to spend the whole thing in one trip, and I returned home with quite a few goodies. I couldn't wait to get cooking with my new supplies, so for dinner last night I decided to bake a potato dish in my new ramekins. Ingredients? Cheese and potatoes. I originally wanted to include roasted red peppers, but I didn't remember until I was done preparing them. Plus I figured you really can't go wrong with cheese and potatoes. The cheese was ooey, gooey and crispy all at the same time, while the potatoes were golden soft. The ramekins cooked them perfectly and looked nice served directly on the plate.

Ramekin Potatoes




Ingredients



Cheddar cheese, grated

Parmesan cheese, grated

2 small potatoes

Butter

4 ramekins for baking



Directions

Spray each ramekin with cooking spray for easy eating and clean up

Put the thinnest slice of butter you can cut at the bottom of each ramekin

Start with a thin layer of cheddar cheese

Add one layer of potato

Add a layer of parmesan, then another potato, then cheddar, etc.

Top with cheddar and parmesan cheese

Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes

Serve in the ramekins for best taste and a sophisticated feel

No comments:

Post a Comment