Thursday, June 3, 2010

18 Mile Ride

My parents have been living in Santa Barbara for the last month and they are leaving to go back to my hometown of Portland, Oregon tomorrow. I've gotten to spend a lot of time with them and it's been really fun. One of the highlights of our time together was meeting at my aunt's house in Ventura, which is about an hour North of LA. We ended up going for an 18 mile bike ride on a path that was literally right on the beach. It was gorgeous! I had never been on a long bike ride just for the fun of it, but I enjoyed it so much that I'm going to start doing it as a form of exercise on a regular basis. There is a great bike path that stretches through all of my favorite beaches in LA: from Manhattan Beach to Santa Monica. I live only five minutes away from the path and I've been meaning to try it out for a while. Now that I know I'm capable of going further than the typical 1 mile ride to campus, I'm definitely looking forward to it.


Part of the ride looked similar to this path

Images via flickr.

1 comment:

  1. I've been on that ride in Ventura! It's amazing...like you said...right along the beach the whole way! It also passes thru the world famous C Street surfing beach! That ride is a great workout especially if the wind is blowing a bit! I'll have to try the beach ride that you are talking about in LA!

    ReplyDelete