Thursday, July 15, 2010

Back In the Swing of Things

I try to work out at least a few times when I'm on vacation so my endurance stays up and I don't fall off track. River trips are not your typical vacation. There's no gym to go to, and while the big sandy beaches would be a great place to work out, it's just too darn hot to do so. Plus, being on the river is so great because it's all about relaxing and staying comfortable despite not having your normal day-to-day comforts (hair conditioner, a glass instead of a plastic cup for wine, or Gilt to name a few). In an effort not to become uncomfortable in the heat, I read instead of exercised. So when I got off the river and was safely back home in Portland, I had to get back into the swing of working out right away. My mom, Ellie and I went to Tryon Creek State Park for a brisk walk/hike. It's the epitome of the Northwest and going there makes me appreciate where I come from.

Lots of different trails to choose from. Even one for horses!

So much greenery and the freshest air

No comments:

Post a Comment