Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rules to Sweat By


I am trying a new segment called "Rules to Sweat By." I am not a fitness expert, and I am not super hardcore. I am just a girl who has grown to actually enjoy exercising. In this segment I plan to share tips and tricks that help to make working out easier for me. I hope you can try some of them and I hope they work for you too!

1. I don't check my phone. I like to devote my full attention to what I'm doing so I get the most out of my workout. Also, there's not much more of a buzz kill than working out vigorously because you and your friends are going kayaking later, and then getting a text that calls the whole thing off.

2. I wear the right headphones. I can't stand fiddling with those ear buds that come with an iPod because they are constantly falling out or feeling loose during a run. I am not a fan of the ones that stick directly into your ear, either. I use Nike's Vapor headphones. They wrap around your ear and never become loose. The sound quality is what you would expect, not great, but not bad. The cord is short but they come with an extension cord for more length. I recommend trying out different styles of headphones and seeing which ones work best for you.

3. I double knot my shoes. No matter what kind of workout I'm doing, I always double knot my shoes because I wouldn't want to stop what I'm doing to tie them.

Let me know what you think of "Rules to Sweat By" or if you have anything you would like me to address to make working out better for you! Comment or e mail me directly at snacktive@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment