Thursday, November 11, 2010

Black Bean and Corn Salad



Whenever I serve this dish at a party or bring it to a potluck, it's a huge hit. People can't stop eating it and I've been asked for the recipe more times than I can remember. It's colorful, light, fresh and best served chilled. I normally add feta cheese for an extra pop of color and zing of flavor, but after buying a Costco sized tub of feta, I'm over it at the moment.

Black Bean and Corn Salad



Ingredients

2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed

2 cans of crisp corn, drained

1/3 cup finely chopped red onion

1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro

3 tablespoons lime juice

1 teaspoon olive oil

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

A pinch of red pepper flakes

1/2 cup feta cheese (optional)

Directions

Add all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mix together with a large spoon.

Cover with foil or plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours. (You can also put the cans of black beans and corn in the fridge ahead of time)

Serve as a side dish or with chips at a party!


Follow me on Twitter!

1 comment: