Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Garnish

My boyfriend and I went out to lunch this weekend at one of our favorite restaurants downtown, Panini Cafe. After our meals (he ordered the breakfast platter and I had the vegetable panini) we ordered dessert: baklava served with vanilla ice cream. The ice cream looked so pretty garnished with a sprig of fresh mint that I had to find a picture to share with you.

I love the way a simple garnish enhances any dish. In this case, the added flavor at the end of the bowl is also quite nice.


My favorite ice cream will always be mint chocolate chip. What's yours?

3 comments:

  1. chocolate. i'll never order any other kind! :)
    love your blog - check mine out? xxx http://improcrastinate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple and effective! My favourite is pistachio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is oreo! ;)

    Great blog! Happy I found you!

    Mary
    Delightful Bitefuls

    ReplyDelete