Tuesday, January 18, 2011

All about the Food

Let's keep it real, this post is all about the food and not about the presentation. While this recipe is not my favorite to photograph, it is one of my favorites to eat, and I simply can't not share it with you. It's the perfect meal for anyone who works because it takes less than five minutes to prepare in the morning and it's ready when you get home. And it's SO good. All you need is: a can of black beans, a can of corn, a jar of salsa, frozen chicken breasts and cream cheese. Glamorous, I know.


I used a Slow Cooker Liner for the first time. Easiest clean up ever. This meal really does take 5 minutes from start to finish!


Frito's Scoops: one of my favorite inventions

Easy Crock Pot Chicken
Recipe from food.com


Ingredients

1 can of black beans (drain, but don't rinse them)

1 can of whole kernel corn (drain, but don't rinse them)

1 jar or tub of salsa (it's fun to experiment with different kinds. This time I used roasted garlic)

2 frozen or thawed chicken breasts (I was skeptical about using frozen chicken at first, too, but it really does taste great!)

1/2 cup cream cheese

1 Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner (I was skeptical about using the plastic liners at first, too, so I made this while I was at home. No, your house won't burn down and no, your food won't taste like plastic)

Directions

Line the crock pot with the Slow Cooker Liner

Pour in the black beans, corn, salsa, and add the chicken breasts

Cook oh high for 4 - 5 hours

When you're ready to eat, stir in the cream cheese

Enjoy with Frito's Scoops

Throw away the Slower Cooker Liner and you're done!

5 comments:

  1. perfect...it sounds great! i'd try it tonight but i've already got that in the works. this will be great because i have some cream cheese to use up as well as all the other ingredients on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super super delicious! Yummm I want some

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shouldn't have seen this while I was hungry..Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to eat veggie/bean chili with those scoops..yum!!!!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenn! Frito's scoops are good for any kind of chili or soup. They're even good on their own. Thanks so much for following!

    ReplyDelete