Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jewelry Display + Makeup Brush Holder

It's important to me to keep my jewelry and makeup brushes in good shape. I got the idea for the makeup brush holder from Sephora, and I came up with the earring display on my own. To keep my brushes clean and fluffy, I went to Michael's and got a glass vase and found some mini beads that happened to be the perfect colors for my brush set - a mix of clear and light pink. I filled the vase with the beads, and stuck in my brushes. I made the jewelry display by painting a martini glass at one of those paint pot places. I had no idea that I would end up using it for jewelry, but the little dots that I put around the rim have proved to be just right for separating earring hooks. I also stack bracelets in the middle of the martini glass and on a vase to the side. Other things I keep on my dresser are special gifts I've received. The two identical mirrors were given to me by my brother and my boyfriend's mom last Christmas. I think they were made just for me.

My makeup brush holder

My martini glass jewelry display to the left, and the vase for bracelets to the right

My dresser, in all of its dust-free glory

The view from the window next to my dresser

10 comments:

  1. I store all of my makeup brushed in a very cute mug collection I got at Anthropologie a few years ago. There's something about having them upright on a counter top and not in the drawer that makes them more fun to use rather than a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the brush holder

    XOXO,

    http://outfitidentifier.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makeup brush holder is so organized and clever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I got the idea for the makeup brush holder from Sephora and I'm really glad I created my own. Hope you all have a great weekend; it's a 3 day weekend for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, what a great idea. That looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a CUTE makeup brush holder!!! I want to steal your idea! Ohhh I'm so glad I found your blog (thanks for finding me on Twitter, btw!) I'm excited to see what other ideas you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little jealous of your super-organized dresser! I need an idea for earrings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how you've stored your makeup brushes. they are in glasses right now, but i like holding them in place by putting beads in the cups.

    clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oops, meant to say mine are in glasses...

    i'm going to run out and get some beads now!

    ReplyDelete