Thursday, February 10, 2011

Someone's Getting Married

Next weekend I'm going up to Santa Barbara to help my grandma plan her wedding. Yes, my grandma is getting married and I think it's the cutest thing ever! She's marrying a wonderful (and hilarious) man named Al, and everyone in my family is so excited for them. The wedding is fast approaching so I want to have lots of good ideas to share with her when I visit. Here are a few things that are inspiring me at the moment. What do you think? Do you have any ideas or suggestions for the wedding?
My grandma already keeps a guest book at her house so I think this wish tree would be a fun alternative at the wedding


Handkerchiefs remind me of my grandma. These hanging handkerchief vases would be a fun DIY project


The wedding will take place in Oregon, where everyone has a yard to plant a tree. Wouldn't one of these be a fun wedding favor and place saver?


I love the look of a chalk board menu


DIY paper luminaries would sparkle even in daylight


Last but not least, cute and yummy appetizers should be served

7 comments:

  1. ahhh I heart this! You must post pics. Best idea I did at my own wedding was cupcake tree instead of a wedding cake :) More icing per capita guests! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats adorable! And I love the luminaries!

    http://blankmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for Mer Mer! Loving your ideas, especialy the trees as party favors/table toppers. Taking note and I think I know who I'll be calling on to help for my future wedding. ;) Love the blog best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, congratulations to your grandma! i love weddings & sb, and hope you do a recap on your visit :) also love the wish tree, chalk board menu, and yummy appetizers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Images!!!
    http://www.glamthings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww how sweet ^_^ congratulations to your Grandma! You should really post pics here. I love the hanging handkerchief vases by the way!

    ReplyDelete