Thursday, March 24, 2011

First Bite




Whenever it was someone's birthday in elementary school they would bring dessert for the whole class to enjoy. The tradition was that whoever's birthday it was always took the first bite. If anyone ever dug in before the birthday girl or boy everyone would go crazy (and not in a good way). Well, it's my birthday today and I've already had the first bite, so you all can feel free to indulge. My mom made me this gluten free mandarin orange cake with fresh whipped cream frosting and it was so special to enjoy it with my parents, aunt and boyfriend. I've been celebrating my birthday since last week and I'm excited to be heading to Santa Barbara tonight for a 3 day birthday weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! March birthdays really are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That cake looks great. Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! Eat plenty of sweets for me! ;)
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That is one gorgeous cake - and what a wonderfully generous amount of whipped cream your mom used :)
    O, I hope you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! That cake looks beautiful, and more importantly, delicious.

    Breathe Better

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!!! The cake looks yummy, hope you're having fun in Santa Barbara :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! It was one of my best yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy late birthday! That's quite a cake. My mom is a bake-a-cake-from-a-box kind of mom, but I love her anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh geez! this looks soooo amazing!!
    www.forsurejadore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete