Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Flower District


Is there anything better than fresh flowers? No, except going to a two block radius filled with them and choosing the best ones that day. I took my parents to the Flower District on Saturday and we had so much fun picking the freshest, prettiest flowers to decorate my place with. Even though there were pre-made arrangements and lots of bright roses for sale, I like less traditional flowers and creating my own bouquets.


I love the rich black centers and the delicate vibrant petals of anemones


I love the soft purple, white, and yellow in this tangled spring bouquet of lisianthus and daisies

9 comments:

  1. I love flowers!! I normally buy a bouquet a week. I currently have yellow daisies on my kitchen table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a place by me where I can buy flowers very inexpensively...it's a bit of a trip... but worth it for so many reasons!

    Your flowers here are beautiful and make me smile - the same reason I always TRY to keep fresh ones in the house.

    Thank you - beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I wish we had a flower market around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! The Flower District seems like an amazing place, and the arrangements you did are beautiful.

    Breathe Better

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fresh flowers too! I try every week to buy a bouquet for our dining room or kitchen. Of course I am buying mine from the grocery store and not the flower market but ya know that's how I roll! :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. hm, i've been hearing about this infamous flower district in LA for quite some time now... i think i need to take a trip out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sounds like so much fun! i'd love to do that one day

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous! So glad you posted pictures that lavender shade is to die for.....so spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just signed up for a wholesale flower license. I think I may just buy flowers for myself and not the business!

    ReplyDelete