Wednesday, March 2, 2011

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

When it comes to cooking or baking, I'll take cooking any day. I like the experimentation aspect of cooking and being able to add in my favorite spices and flavors. Too often with baking I take the liberty of substituting ingredients or adding a little something extra and the results are never quite right. These chocolate peanut butter bars are perfect for me because I didn't have to bake them, and I added a cup less sugar than the recipe called for and they still turned out super sugary and tasty. What do you think, can I count this as a baking success?






No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Adapted from food.com



Ingredients

1 1/2 cups graham crackers, crushed into tiny pieces (use 7 graham crackers, put them in a plastic bag and hit with a mallet to crush)

1/2 - 2 cups sugar (the recipe calls for 3 cups. I used 2 and these were really sweet. I would recommend using 1/2 - 1 cup of sugar)

1 1/2 cups peanut butter (I like chunky)

1 cup butter, melted

1 12oz bag milk chocolate chips

Directions

Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and peanut butter into a large bowl and mix well

Blend in melted butter until well combined

Pour mixture into a medium sized baking pan and spread evenly

Melt chocolate chips in a pan on low heat

Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter mixture and spread evenly

Let cool for 5 hours and cut into small squares (I put these in the fridge because I was in a rush to cool them but I would recommend leaving them out and letting them cool that way)

Enjoy the easy bars!

19 comments:

  1. These look to-die-for! That's great you used less sugar and they are still great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummi...great post!!!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh these sound SO delicious!! A must-try, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow. I thought I was excited about getting my girl scout cookies but this changes everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. as long as it was good i'd count that as a baking success! i love graham cracker crust :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yumm, this would be alot cheaper than buying my bag of reeses cups.
    This is brilliant (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. drooling as a type...these look so tasty

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this post!? Yes, you can count it as a success! Baking Schmaking!

    These look WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my! i think i'm going to try this and maybe substitute it with dark chocolate instead so my vegan bf can enjoy as well... we LOVE peanut butter anything! yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd definitely say this is a hit. They look wonderful and sound delicious. I'm new to your blog and have spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, gorgeous! The look like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh god - I just sent this to hubby. It looks SOOOOOOO good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! These look amazing...I'll have to make them with my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow those look super yummy!! And two of my fav ingredients! PB & chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look heavenly! I would use dark chocolate because it's my favorite. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy. crap.

    I need these.

    Stumbled across your blog through cup of joe!

    :)

    ReplyDelete