Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weekend Getaway: Santa Barbara

My birthday weekend in Santa Barbara was a huge success. My boyfriend and I got to stay at my grandma's house while she was out of town and it was so nice to get away. We shopped, ate, drank, napped and explored for three whole days. Foodie highlights include crabcakes upon my arrival (one of my favorite foods), birthday Cheetos (my guilty pleasure), the most amazing smoked salmon and shrimp salad (that prompted me to buy a salad cookbook), and a fresh mint mojito (my #1 cocktail). I failed at taking lots of pictures, but check out the peaceful backyard. I can't wait to visit again when the weather is perfect.

7 comments:

  1. happy birthday weekend and yay to birthday cheetos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    I absolutely love Santa Barbara... for my bachelorette party we did a wine tour by bicycle there! It was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crab cakes are my favorite too! Sounds like a good birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, that does sound like a fun and delicious birthday.
    And I'm jealous of that backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That backyard looks so relaxing, and well-maintained! Glad you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy B-day!!! It sounds like a great weekend getaway! I love the picture. Xoxo ♥

    Rocio R.

    http://myfashiondolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely getaway! Mojitos are my favorite, too.

    ReplyDelete