Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Flower Crown


The first thing I did on Saturday was head to the Flower District. I was originally looking for a wreath form to use as a crown but none of them seemed quite right. I ended up leaving with floral wire and four bunches of flowers. I had so much fun wrapping the wire around the little pink and green flowers but the freesia proved to be quite difficult since it's so delicate. I made my crown, waited for the sun to set, and went up to the roof for a photo shoot. I want to make another flower crown with sturdier flowers but what I really want is for them to become a trend. That way, I can wear my creations beyond the rooftop.

18 comments:

  1. I'll continue the trend in Buffalo, NY. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing! looks so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 50th follower!! Thanks so much everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable!

    http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is such a beautiful crown of flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so simple and so pretty! oh...and so California. perfect for an late afternoon weekend lunch at an outdoor beach cafe near LA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! I love flower crowns, but haven't had one since I was a girl and made it out of a daisy chain. Those things are awesome, I will have to try my hand at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely!
    Especially on you! =D

    flowergirlsxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt in love with your crown, those tittle flowers...so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that turned out so well! I love how you used different flowers... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ack- your flower crown is so pretty! it makes me want to try to make one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the flower crown is too pretty and perfect for spring!!

    ReplyDelete