Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Grand Canyon

On Saturday, my family and I along with a bundle of family friends are going white water rafting on the Grand Canyon. We've been on the waiting list for 16 years and it's finally here. I've been rafting countless times before, but I know I've never experienced anything like what I'm about to. Besides seeing one of the world's greatest wonders, here are the things I'm most looking forward to.

Artwork by Pam Van Londen

Spending a whole week with my family
Getting paid, yet not working
Putting on comfy clothes that have been warmed by the sun
Getting in even better shape (hello, 9 mile hike out!)
Being completely separated from technology
Celebratory drinking
Howling at the moon
Building camp fires
Getting a tan
Going makeup free
Watercoloring
Getting soaked by some major waves

Have you ever been to the Grand Canyon?

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like SO much fun! The Grand Canyon is awesome. Living in AZ, I've been there at least 10 times...but I've never gone white water rafting there!! You'll have to post some updates about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the places I have yet to visit! It is on my list though. I feel like I need to take like a month and just Go West!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete