Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blue Rasp Crumb Bars


These crumb bars by Smitten Kitchen have become quite popular in the blogosphere, and for good reason. They're delicious, seasonal, don't require a ton of ingredients and you can make them a day ahead of time.




You can find the recipe here. I'm glad I avoided a disaster by doing research to find out that baking powder and baking soda cannot be substituted. The only change I made to the recipe was subbing raspberries for half of the blueberries. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. YUM! Those looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geeze - now I'm gonna have to make these!!!

    Thanks for your comment - so glad I could shed some light!

    http://inherentstylela.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh berries are one of my most favorite parts of summer. This looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY!! I'll have to try them soon! I love raspberries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious!! Looks like I need to hit the U-Pick Berry Farm and get some fresh local berries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These crumb bars look really scrummy as well as delightful to the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these bars are my absolute fav dessert in the summer!!!

    ReplyDelete