Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Flower District

Going to the Flower District on Saturday has become somewhat of a ritual for me. I'm comfortable navigating the entire place and I have my favorite vendors that always have the freshest flowers at the best prices. Every time I go, I feel like I'm taken to another world filled with summer-y scents and good vibes. I got the most brilliantly purple Iris flowers I have ever seen; the way they bloom out of a closed silhouette is truly magical. I just had to go up on the roof to photograph them.





PS- Can you tell June Gloom is in full effect here in LA?

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers!! Flower district sounds like so much Fun!

    AllGlamThings

    ReplyDelete
  2. These flowers are beautiful, so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos of the flower district have inspired me to take a jaunt over! It's always been on my to do list - but I end up flaking and just buying my blooms at the farmer's market or TJ's... Thanks for your comment btw, I think you'd go nuts at the Rose Bowl! It's every second Sunday - tell you what, you visit the Rose Bowl & I'll do the flower district! I am going to follow you b/c I like your blog and love supporting local bloggers!

    http://inherentstylela.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. June gloom - yes. But at least you don't get horrible winters there!strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!!! We have an annual Iris festival in the town where I live...they truly are a beautiful flower! We have a few growing in our yard that have come and gone for the year (here in NJ) but we always look forward to them EVERY year! XO

    ReplyDelete