Monday, November 21, 2011

Through a New Lens

Last Sunday turned out to be a beautiful day and I had so much fun taking my new camera (I got this model) out to take pictures of my neighborhood. There is so much history and beauty in the urban setting of downtown LA that I don't think I'll ever run out of things to shoot. Here are a few of my favorites from my first day out with my Nikon.

Hotel Hayward on Spring Street in downtown LA

Part of a mural on 4th and Los Angeles Street

Bright colors and rich textures that remind me of trips to Mexico

A perfectly wrapped breakfast burrito and just enough fresh fruit at Pete's Cafe on Main

5 comments:

  1. what nikon did you get? i'm in the market for a new camera and this is amazing quality!! let me know :)

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygoodness. the burrito looks delish! great picture quality!
    missdanbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best friend- I'm in love with that second photo. Send me JPEG? -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos and especially love seeing that the blue has returned to the once smog filled skies of Los Angeles. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your photos and your everyday life in LA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeeeee! how exciting!

    and your pics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete